Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wine and Whine

No progress on the scale and intellectually I am okay with that.  I know what I have been eating and I know the amount of work I put in at the gym -- I am healthier that I have ever been.  I will not allow myself to be defined by the number on the scale.  I have scheduled an appointment with a family doctor to have a physical and bloodwork next week to ensure I have a functioning thyroid, my hormones aren't on the crazy train and to assure myself I am not doing all of this in vain.


Courtesy of Pinterest


That being said.

I AM FRUSTRATED!!!! I feel so much better without the processed foods, but I gotta admit I miss wine......I really miss wine.  To come home from work, sit down, drink a few glasses of my favorite red wine.......Snap Dragon, oh how I miss our quality time.  I miss prepping dinner with the radio on and a glass of Cabernet; the water with lemon simply doesn't compare. 

Courtesy of Pinterest


I can give up anything if it means I can look in the mirror and see physical progess, but come on! Give a girl a break! Why would I give up wine for nothing?  Of course, I am being fasicious but I am frustrated with my lack of progress.  I will weigh in tomorrow at the gym and report my total for my first month. I may still be a whiny ass like I am being now or I may have put on my big girl panties by then......stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday, I went to the doctor to have the same thing done. The nutritionist told me to eat around 80g protein a day and 50-75 carbs (little to no carbs at breakfast). My net calories should be in the 1000-1200 range. She said that should kick start the weight loss process. My bloodwork should be back next week. We'll see. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete