Thursday, January 26, 2012

The 7 P's

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Courtesy of www.21to21.com




As most of you know, the importance of planning was the first lesson I learned as I embarked on this path to cut crap out of my diet.  Planning the meals for the week, packing them each day and entering them into my log holds me accoutable; it gives me a road map for the day.  Without the map, I'm lost and will definitely take wrong turns.  A wrong turn into Chipotle or the dead end at the bakery....yum, cupcakes.

Today for lunch, a large group of co-workers went to a great Mexican restaurant, but I knew how limited my options are at restaurants and I had prepared a great Chickpea Salad last night so I was able to say no and truthfully after my 2 day food hangover earlier in the week I did it with ease.  So I sat at my desk and had a modified version of a recipe I found on Pinterest.  I used garbanzo beans that I soaked and cooked Tuesday day and added chopped red onion, roma tomato, radishes, reduced fat feta, and parsley - I dressed it with a combo of lemon, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar.  It truly was delicious and I am so full.  High five to the 7 P's.

Thursday is the only day of the week I usually go to the gym in the evening.  I love my early morning workouts, the friends I have there and the energy it gives me throughout the day.  But I also have a love affair with Spinning and there is a 30 minute Spin class on Thursday at 5:15 that I adore.  If you have never tried Spinning, find a good instructor and hop on.  For me it is a competition against myself.  Can I increase the resistance?  Can I go faster?  Am I at my limit - because I should be!  Is there sweat dripping off my nose?  Did I leave a puddle? We have three different really great Spin instuctors at our gym and they all push me in different ways.  Before class I usually either lift or run. But, instead of doing a C25K run tonight, I think I am going to do some HIIT on the treadmill - the articles I have been reading about high intensity interval training are intriguing so I am going to give it a shot one to two days a week.  We already do HIIT on the Spin bike but it will be interesting to try on the treadmill.  If you don't mind, take a moment to send up a prayer to the God of your understanding that I don't sling myself off the back of the treadmill and cause serious harm during one of the "all out" sprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment