Monday, January 23, 2012

I REALLY am what I eat!

I still feel like crap from my "cheat meal" on Saturday night.  I am amazed but also comforted in knowing my body does like the new clean fuel I am putting in it.  On Saturday we left the house late afternoon for a date; Justin purchased a new gun, we killed time watching some basketball and then went to the movies.  I got in a killer workout on Saturday morning at the gym; 30 minute Spin class, 30 minute Advanced Step and then 60 minute strength training that completely left me with T-Rex arms.

Courtesy of Pinterest
We had a few hours to kill before our movie so we went to Old Chicago for a few beers and an appetizer.  We also got to watch the Florida State and Duke basketball game and you would have thought the entire bar area was full of FSU alums the way we were cheering.  Duke makes us puke in the Bluegrass State.  Anyway, I had one piece of garlic bread, one pepperoni roll and a few nacho chips from the sampler platter (those of you who have been to Old Chicago know this is not a large portion) - we were planning on Movie Tavern so I was saving room.  At the Movie Tavern I choose the mini burgers and fries -- you know, go big or go home, right?  S.E. got a pizza.  I had a small piece of his pizza, two of the mini burgers and some fries.  Initially I was happy I had indulged but not over indulged.  Well.....I felt horrible on Sunday and still don't feel one hundred percent today. 

My stomach just feels bloated and painful at times.  I was tired and lacked motivation.  My mood and my physical well being was the result of the CRAP I put in my body on Saturday night.  YUCK! I don't want to feel like this again so I am rethinking my definition of a cheat meal.  Cheat meals don't have to be fried balls of dough or carb laden meals, they can be really good meals that I don't usually allow myself to have.  A meal at a local winery with cheese and an excellent main course or a great filet with mashed potatoes seems to be a better choice for me.  I'm not saying I will never have fries or a greasy burger ever again, but it won't be for awhile.  I enjoy how damn good I feel lately and a two day food hangover from processed crap is not fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment