Friday, January 20, 2012

Freakin Friday

Happy Friday! First off, update on the scale - I am now at 157.8 so I did drop a little over a pound this week - on track.  I have also made a pact with myself to only weigh one day a week - it will either be Friday or Saturday each week, depending on my gym schedule.

A few new recipes I tried this week were Banana "Icecream" and Berrylicious Microwave Minute Muffin.  The banana icecream (pic below) was great! It produced the equivalent of about a snack size pudding cup; the perfect size to satisfy my "I must have something sweet right now or I'm gonna have a f'in episode" craving.  I added about a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa and a teaspoon of all natural ground peanut butter.  Also I used my mini food processor because my cheap blender doesn't "do frozen." Yummy!  The minute muffin did not turn out the way I wanted it to - it was "tough".  However I think maybe my coffee cup was too big and the muffin had too much room to expand.  I'm not sure, but I'll try it again and let you all know.

Courtesy of Pinterest

I kicked the treadmill's ass last night and this morning too! I find it much easier to run outside due to I have scenery to look at and I adjust my speed to be able to run a longer period of time.  Thererfore I have had a really hard time mentally completing the C25K Week 6 Run 3; it is a 5 minute walk + 25 minute run + 5 minute cool down.  I run about 5.5-6.0 mph on the treadmill and I would hit a huge mental wall at around the 18-20 minute mark of the run portion.  But yesterday I made the decision when I walked into the gym, I was going to run for 25 minutes. Period.

I did a 5 minute walk, set the treadmill at 5.5mph and got to work.  I kept repeating "You are strong, fit, capable and quitting is not an option today."  Guess what?  It worked! I completed 3.1 miles in 34:55.  Then this morning ran for a full 30 minutes and did 2.71 miles.  Technically the run was completed before I ever got on the treadmill......the decision to not quit is more than half the battle. 

Courtesy of Pinterest
Tomorrow night we are using our Christmas gift from our awesome neighbors and going to the Movie Tavern.  This will be one of my two cheat meals for the month of January so I am going to get in a great workout tomorrow morning.  Have a great weekend Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment